How do we pay the bills?
The Virginia Women’s Rugby Club is a registered CIO at the University and receives some funding through Student Council. We also pay dues every season, and pay our own way to get to tournaments and games. The Student Council money generally pays for the the necessities: Virginia Rugby Union dues, referee society dues, USA Rugby expenses, etc. We pay the rest out of pocket, and by extensive fundraising. Our coaches donate their time and expertise. As we improve and strive for a national championship for UVa, we need additional funds.
Want to help?
Donations from individuals over the past year have helped us purchase jerseys, buy equipment, and improve our kit appearance. We are very grateful for the (anonymous in these cases) donations. If you or your business is interested in donating some much appreciated funds to help out the Virginia Women’s Rugby Club, please read on.
Tax-deductible donations of any amount can be made to The Virginia Women’s Rugby Club through the UVa Fund, a university sponsored fund created for donors to give to any aspect of the University, and administrated through the alumni association by Toni Munch . The Virginia Women’s Rugby Club is a recognized chartered independent student organization at the University of Virginia and as such is a competitive team playing a full schedule within the Virginia Rugby Union The University of Virginia Fund is a qualifying organization under IRS code 501©(3), and as such is eligible to receive contributions for all areas of the University of Virginia. The federal tax ID # for the UVa fund is 54-0485595. The University of Virginia Fund is incorporated in the Commonwealth of Virginia. The UVa Fund has agreed to accept contributions on behalf of the Virginia Women’s Rugby Club and to provide receipts to contributors. Checks should be payable to the University of Virginia Fund and designated for the Virginia Women’s Rugby Club.
Here’s how to do it:
This is the UVa Fund Online Donation site run by the Alumni Association. Yes, this is legit.
Have them select:
- I’d like to choose where my money goes
- You have to Select SPECIAL FUNDS, which is located underneath Madison House
- You need to write WOMEN’S RUGBY in Special Instructions in order for it to get to us
Have them enter “Women’s Rugby” in the Special Instructions.
They can also have you get credit by selecting
- Associated Donor’s Name & Year
If their company MAY have matching donations, they can select
- Click here to find your company
Again, tell anyone who might want a tax-deductible donation that:
- All team members pay dues unless they are financially unable, in which case we help them out
- Student Council gives us about $2,000 annually
- Funds go to support travel (hotels, gas, breakfasts, etc), league dues, referee fees, tourney entry costs
- All coaches are volunteers
- We also have team dinners which are paid for by these funds (good AND nutritious!)
Hope we get some money… we need it!